The Ingenious User PortalSM is best viewed using the most current Google Chrome browser. Using another browser may not provide a fully functional experience.
Please ask your Office or IT Manager for more information or assistance
Note: Both Login Names and Passwords are case sensitive. Passwords are created during “Complete Setup” in your ingenious Welcome Email.
- Go to the Login Screen – Click here or from the ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM home page, hover over “Resources” and click on “Ingenious User Portal”.
- Enter your Login Name and Password – Your Login Name was provided and your password was created by following the instructions your Ingenious Welcome Email.
- Responding to your ingenious Welcome Email – An ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM, ingenious Welcome Email was sent to the email address on file in your ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM account profile. In this email, your User Name will be shown (example: 123@ABC). Next, scroll down in the Ingenious Welcome Email and click on the orange “Complete Setup” button, establish your ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM account password. If you need help, ask your Office Communications Manager, IT Manager.
Note: The “Complete Setup” link in the Welcome Email expires twenty-four hours after the email is sent out.
Sending and Receiving Virtual Fax(s)
NOTE: Any Ingenious User can send a Fax from their Ingenious User PortalSM However, only a portal that is enabled can receive a Fax(s).
- Managing Virtual Fax(s) – On the left side of the Fax screen, click the drop-down menu to expose the “Inbox” and “Sent” options. Clicking on either of these options shows a listing of received (Inbox) or Sent (Sent) Fax(s) with the most recent at the top. At the left of each line, you will see an icon for “download” and another to show a thumbnail of the first page of the Fax. Clicking on the red “X” at the far right of each listing, will delete that listing.
- Sending a Virtual Fax – On the right side of the Fax screen, click the Send Fax button. Click on the Cover Page Options drop-down to choose None for no cover page, browse your device for a Cover Letter document or Compose a Cover Letter in the space provided. Cover Letters are appended to the beginning of all documents that are to be Fax’d. Next, click on Fax Document, then browse your device for the document(s) you wish to Fax. Clicking on the Add button, allows you to browse for up to four (4) additional documents to be included in your Fax. Next, choose (if available), one of the sending fax telephone number(s) which are shown in the Caller ID drop-down. Now, type in the (10-Digit) receiver’s Fax Telephone Number (Area Code plus 7-Digits are required) and then click Send to transmit the fax.
- Receiving a Virtual Fax – If your Ingenious User PortalSM is enabled to receive faxes, click the drop-down menu to expose the “Inbox” option with the most recent at Fax at the top of the list. To the left of each line, you will see an icon for “download” and another to show a thumbnail of the first page of the Fax and another to show a thumbnail of the first page of the Fax. Clicking on the red “X” at the far right of each listing, will delete that listing.
- Downloading, Forwarding and Printing a Virtual Fax – Using the “Download” icon at the left of the listed Fax, you may copy the Fax to your device. From there you may print the Fax, printer attach it to an email or other communication.
- Deleting an Individual Virtual Fax – To the far right of each line in a Fax Log, click the red “X” to only the Fax on this line. Clicking the red “X” will permanently delete only this Fax.
- Deleting All Virtual Faxes – While in the Sent or Received (inbox) Fax log, click on the red “Delete All” button. We recommend using using extreme caution when clicking the “Delete All” button, as this will permanently delete All Faxes in BOTH the Sent and Received (Inbox).
NOTE: Sent and Received (Inbox) Faxes are now retained indefinitely by the Ingenious InstantFax platform and only deleted when a authorized (logged-in) user manually deletes them as detailed above.
Navigating Your Portal
- Function Buttons – Along the top of your Ingenious PortalSM, you will see large iconed Function Buttons. By selecting a Function Button, you will be navigated to a screen that allows views and functions pertaining to that portal function. By clicking on the desired Function Button a self-explanatory screen will appear which includes additional information and functions.
- Ingenious Office Manager Functionality – If your Ingenious User PortalSM has Office Manager functionality enabled, when accessing your portal you will see the Office Manager screen first. To navigate to your own account screen of the Ingenious User PortalSM, right click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then, right click on My Account to navigate to your own screen. To return to the Office Manager screen, click on Manage Organization at the top of the screen, to the left of your name.
NOTE: Office Managers may request a “screen-share” training session by sending an email to email@example.com.
- FAX – If receive fax(s) is enabled, the quantity of New Faxes (Inbox) is displayed by a red dot with a number super imposed on the Fax Function Button. The Fax screen shows a complete list of Sent and Received Fax(s).
NOTE: All ingenious User Portals are able to send Virtual Fax(s). However only a portal that is enabled to receive fax(s), may receive Virtual Fax(s). Ask your Office or IT Manager for more information regarding use of ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM Virtual Faxing.
- MUSIC ON-HOLD –
- Ingenious Smart Business Phones provides default system-wide mixed Genre’ Music On-Hold, which is played to a party(s) who are place them On-Hold
- Using the “Add Music” function you may upload your own Music On-Hold music and/or messaging to replace the provided Music On-Hold
- On-Hold Music and Messages uploaded to the Ingenious Smart Business Phones platform must be either a .wav or .mp3 file which is 8 bit, 8Khz, mono and a maximum file size of 32Mb.
- Using the “Settings” function, you may check the “Randomize Music on Hold” to mix up the order of play for your Music On-Hold files. Also, in “Settings”, you may choose to record or upload an Intro Greeting which will precede your Music On-Hold.
- If you need help with this, please ask your Office or IT Manager for help
NOTE: Music/Messaging On-Hold that is set by an Office Manager will be played to all On-Hold Callers except if an individual user sets their own Music/Messaging On-Hold, in which case the individually set Music/Messaging On-Hold will be played for that User’s On-Hold Callers.
IMPORTANT: You are cautioned to only add Music/Messaging On-Hold for which you have authorization to play publicly. Most commercially available music/messaging is protected by US or other Copyright Law and using such music or other audio files e as your Music On-Hold may violate existing Copyright Law(s). Ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM (Ingenious Technology LLC) will not be held liable for unauthorized use of copyrighted music or messaging that has been uploaded to the Ingenious platform here by others.
Printing the Using your Ingenious Portal pages is discouraged, as they are updated routinely
We invite you to visit the Ingenious User Portal help pages often to access new content