The Ingenious User PortalSM is best viewed using the most current Google Chrome browser
Using another browser may not provide an optimal user experience
Please ask your Office or IT Manager for more information regarding the functions available in your Ingenious User Portal
Note: Login Names and Passwords are case sensitive. Passwords are created during “Complete Setup” in your ingenious Welcome Email.
- Go to the Login Screen – Click here or from the ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM home page, hover over “Resources” and click on “Ingenious User Portal”.
- Enter your Login Name and Password – Your Login Name was provided and your password was created by following the instructions your Ingenious Welcome Email.
- Responding to your ingenious Welcome Email – An ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM, ingenious Welcome Email was sent to the email address on file in your ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM account profile. In this email, your User Name will be shown (example: 123@ABC). Next, scroll down in the Ingenious Welcome Email and click on the orange “Complete Setup” button, establish your ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM account password. If you need help, ask your Office Communications Manager, IT Manager.
Sending and Receiving Virtual Fax(s) from Your Portal
NOTE: Any Ingenious User can send a Fax from their Ingenious User PortalSM However, only a portal that is enabled can receive a Fax(s).
- Managing Virtual Fax(s) – On the left side of the Fax screen, click the drop-down menu to expose the “Inbox” and “Sent” options. Clicking on either of these options shows a listing of received (Inbox) or Sent (Sent) Fax(s) with the most recent at the top. At the left of each line, you will see an icon for “download” and another to show a thumbnail of the first page of the Fax. Clicking on the red “X” at the far right of each listing, will delete that listing.
- Sending a Virtual Fax – On the right side of the Fax screen, click the Send Fax button. Click on the Cover Page Options drop-down to choose None for no cover page, browse your device for a Cover Letter document or Compose a Cover Letter in the space provided. Cover Letters are appended to the beginning of other documents that are to be Fax’d. Next, click on Fax Document, then browse your device for the document(s) you wish to Fax. Clicking on the Add button, allows you to browse for up to four (4) additional documents to be included in your Fax. Next, choose (if available), one of the sending fax telephone number(s) which are shown in the Caller ID drop-down. Now, type in the (10-Digit) receiver’s Fax Telephone Number (Area Code plus 7-Digits are required) and then click Send to transmit the fax.
- Receiving a Virtual Fax – If your Ingenious User PortalSM is enabled to receive faxes, click the drop-down menu to expose the “Inbox” option with the most recent at Fax at the top of the list. To the left of each line, you will see an icon for “download” and another to show a thumbnail of the first page of the Fax and another to show a thumbnail of the first page of the Fax. Clicking on the red “X” at the far right of each listing, will delete that listing.
- Downloading, Forwarding and Printing a Virtual Fax – Using the “Download” icon at the left of the listed Fax, you may copy the Fax to your device. From there you may print the Fax, printer attach it to an email or other communication.
- Deleting a Virtual Fax – To the far right, you will see another icon (red “X”) which allows the fax on each line to be deleted. Clicking this will delete this Fax permanently.
Navigating Your Portal
- Function Buttons – Along the top of your Ingenious PortalSM, you will see large iconed Function Buttons. By selecting a Function Button, you will be navigated to a screen that allows views and functions pertaining to that portal function. By clicking on the desired Function Button a self-explanatory screen will appear which includes additional information and functions.
- Ingenious Office Manager Functionality – If your Ingenious User PortalSM has Office Manager functionality enabled, when accessing your portal you will see the Office Manager screen first. To navigate to your own account screen of the Ingenious User PortalSM, right click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then, right click on My Account to navigate to your own screen. To return to the Office Manager screen, click on Manage Organization at the top of the screen, to the left of your name.
NOTE: Office Managers may request a “screen-share” training session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAX – If receive fax(s) is enabled, the quantity of New Faxes (Inbox) is displayed by a red dot with a number super imposed on the Fax Function Button. The Fax screen shows a complete list of Sent and Received Fax(s).
NOTE: All ingenious User Portals are able to send Virtual Fax(s). However only a portal that is enabled to receive fax(s), may receive Virtual Fax(s). Ask your Office or IT Manager for more information regarding use of ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM Virtual Faxing.
- MUSIC on HOLD – By default System-Wide Music on Hold is played to the other party when you place them on hold. You may add your own Music on Hold here, which will be played only to callers you place On Hold. If you need help with this, please ask your Office or IT Manager for help.
NOTE: You are cautioned to only add Music on Hold for which you have authorization to play publicly. Most commercially available music is protected by US or other Copyright Law and use as your Music on Hold could violate existing Copyright Law(s). Ingenious Smart Business PhonesTM (Ingenious Technology LLC) will not be held liable for unauthorized use of copyrighted music or messaging that has been uploaded here by others.
Printing the Using your Ingenious Portal pages is discouraged, as they are updated routinely
We invite you to visit the Ingenious User Portal help pages often to access new content