NOTE: Some features and functions may not be available on your phone. Please ask your Office or IT Manager for more information.
Making a Call
NOTE: There’s no need to dial “9” when making an outside call. After entering the number, you may press pound (#) to immediately place the call.
- Dialing – Lift the handset, Press the Speakerphone or the Headset answer button (when a headset is connected). Dial an extension or outside telephone number.
- Pre-Dialing – Without Lifting the handset, Pressing Speakerphone or the Headset answer button (when connected), Enter an extension or outside number. Once the digits shown in the phone’s display are correct, Lift the handset, Press Speakerphone or Headset (when a headset is connected) to place the call.
- From Call History – Press the History Soft Key (press the EXIT Soft Key if you do not see the History Soft Key). Use the Right Arrow button to move through the five different Call History Logs (All, Dialed, Received, Missed or Forwarded Calls). Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to highlight the number you wish to dial (You may use the Left and Right Arrow buttons and the DELETE Soft Key to make corrections to the digits entered) and then press the SEND Soft Key, lift the Handset or press the Headset answer button (when a headset is connected) to place the call.
- Calling the Latest Missed Call – Press the “View” Soft Key to see the latest missed call. Then, press the SEND Soft Key, lift the Handset or press the Headset answer button (when a headset is connected) to place the call.
Placing a Call On Hold
NOTE: Call Hold should only be used when you intend to resume the call from the phone where it was placed On Hold.
- While on a Call – Press the “Hold” Soft Key.
- Recover a Call from Hold – Press the “Resume” Soft Key or the appropriate flashing Line Key.
Transferring a Call
NOTE: Do Not use the On Hold button.
- Attended (Announced) Transfer – While on a call, Press the “Transfer” Soft Key (the original caller will be automatically placed on hold), Dial the extension number (or press a DSS/BLF Button) and speak with the extension to announce the call. Then, press the TRANSFER Soft Key again to connect the extension with the original caller.
- Unattended (Unannounced) Transfer – While on a call, Press the “Transfer” Soft Key (the original caller will be automatically placed on hold), Dial the extension Number (or press a DSS/BLF Button) and Press the “Transfer” Soft Key again to connect the extension with the original caller.
- Voicemail Transfer – While on a call, Press the “Transfer” Soft Key (the original caller will be automatically placed on hold), Dial 7 and the extension number. When the “Transfer” Soft Key reappears, press it again to connect the caller directly to the extension’s voicemail.
Parking a Call
NOTE: Call Park is used to allow a call to be retrieved from any other phone in your domain. There are two methods of parking a call which are described below. Your phone may only be set to use one of these methods.
- Dynamic Call Park – While on a call, Dial *** (or press the button labeled PARK). You will hear “the call is parked at 7xx“. Then, inform the intended recipient (see Paging) that their call is parked Parked at 7xx.
- Call Park Button – While on a call, Press one of the buttons labeled PARK 7xx. Then, inform the intended recipient (see Paging) that their call is Parked at 7xx.
- Press MENU, then select Features, Call Forward and then Always Forward, Busy Forward or No Answer Forward. Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to Set the Outside Telephone or Extension number that calls are to be forwarded to. Once set up, this feature can be Enabled and Disabled as necessary.
- Your phone may have a button that will forward calls to your phone to a predetermined number. Pressing this button will turn on/off the forwarding of your calls.
NOTE: When Call Forward is activated, an icon will appear in the phone screen to indicate that calls to your phone will be forwarded.
- Setting Up Voicemail Options and Greeting(s) – Press the MESSAGE button. When asked, enter the password (4-16 number PIN). Next you will be asked to record your name, change your password (4-16 number PIN) and record your (choose greeting number 1) greeting.
- Changing your Voicemail Options and Greeting(s) – Press the MESSAGE button. When asked, enter the password (4-16 number PIN). Next, press 5 for “Option Menu” and follow the prompts to change your password (4-16 number PIN) and record your name. Next Press # to return to the main menu. Then press 6 for “Greetings Menu” and follow the prompts to record, review or select greetings.
NOTE: Greetings are numbered from 1 to 10. You can select the greeting to be played to callers
- Listening to your Messages:
- From your Phone – Press the MESSAGE Button. When prompted, enter your password (PIN) and then follow the voice menu.
- From your Email – If set up, you will receive an email notification for each new voicemail left at your extension. You may click on the attached file icon to play the message using the media player of your computer or smartphone.
- From another phone in your office – Dial 5000. When prompted to enter your “account number” (your extension or mailbox number) and your password (followed by the pound [#] key). From this point on, everything is the same as if you were at your own phone.
- From Outside the Office – Call your office and ask to be transferred to 5000. OR there may an option in your company’s Auto Attendant (IVR) or a public telephone number that will connect you directly to your company’s voicemail service from outside the office. Ask your Office Communications Administrator or IT Manager for help.
- Sending a Voicemail to another Voicemail User – DIAL 7 and the extension number you want to leave a message for. Follow the voice prompts.
- Forwarding a Voicemail Message to another Voicemail User – After listening to a voicemail message, Press 3 and follow the voice prompts to send the message to another individual or group. You may also add a comment to the message if you wish.
NOTE: IF YOUR VOICEMAIL IS SET UP TO NOTIFY YOU BY EMAIL WHEN YOU RECEIVE A NEW VOICEMAIL MESSAGE, BUT YOU DO NOT SEE THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL IN YOUR EMAIL “INBOX”, CHECK YOUR JUNK OR SPAM FOLDER. IF YOU FIND ONE OR MORE NOTIFICATION EMAILS THERE, CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT SETTINGS TO ALLOW EMAIL FROM “email@example.com” TO GO TO YOUR INBOX. YOU MAY NEED TO ASK FOR HELP FROM YOUR EMAIL PROVIDER OR CORPORATE EMAIL SERVER ADMINISTRATOR.
- Use the Volume adjustment bar to adjust the Ringer, Handset, Speakerphone or Headset volume.
- Once adjusted, each respective volume setting will stay at the last level set.
NOTE: If your phone loses power or reboots, these volume levels may return to their default settings.
Paging Phones, Page Overhead and Page All
NOTE: Some or all paging options may not be enabled for your office. Please check with your Office or IT Manager for more information.
- Paging Phones – Press the PAGE button, pause for the tone, then speak.
- Paging Overhead – If your phone has a PAGE OH button, it functions as above, except that pages are heard through your Over Head Paging system.
- Page All – If your phone has a PAGE ALL button, it functions the same as above and pages are heard through All Phones as well as your Over Head Paging system.
Picking Up a Call
NOTE: All Call Pick Up options may not be enabled for your office. Please check with your Office or IT Manager for more information.
- Direct Extension Pickup – Dial *35# and the Extension Number.
- Any Call Pickup – Dial *36#. (draws a call ringing at any phone to your phone)
- Department/Area Pickup – Dial *37#. (draws a call ringing in your department or area to your phone)
- Self Pickup – Dial *38#. (draws the call from your other device to the device you want to use now)