Some features and functions may not be available on your phone
Please ask your Office or IT Manager for more information
Making a Call
NOTE: There’s no need to dial “9” when making an outside call. After entering the number, you may press pound (#) to immediately place the call.
- Dialing – Lift the handset, Press the Speakerphone or the Headset answer button (when a headset is connected). Dial an extension or outside telephone number.
- Pre-Dialing – Without Lifting the handset, Pressing Speakerphone or the Headset answer button (when connected), Enter an extension or outside number. Once the digits shown in the phone’s display are correct, Lift the handset, Press Speakerphone or Headset (when a headset is connected) to place the call.
- From Call History – Press the History Soft Key (press the EXIT Soft Key if you do not see the History Soft Key). Use the Right Arrow button to move through the five different Call History Logs (All, Dialed, Received, Missed or Forwarded Calls). Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to highlight the number you wish to dial (You may use the Left and Right Arrow buttons and the DELETE Soft Key to make corrections to the digits entered) and then press the SEND Soft Key, lift the Handset or press the Headset answer button (when a headset is connected) to place the call.
- Calling the Latest Missed Call – Press the “View” Soft Key to see the latest missed call. Then, press the SEND Soft Key, lift the Handset or press the Headset answer button (when a headset is connected) to place the call.
Placing a Call On Hold
NOTE: Hold is only used when the call will be Resumed from the same phone. DO NOT USE HOLD WHEN TRANSFERRING A CALL.
- While on a Call – Press the “Hold” Soft Key.
- Recover a Call from Hold – Press the “Resume” Soft Key or the appropriate flashing Line Key.
Transferring a Call
NOTE: Do Not use the On Hold button.
- Attended (Announced) Transfer – While on a call, Press the “Transfer” Soft Key (the call will automatically be placed On Hold), Dial the extension number (or press a DSS/BLF Button) and announce the call. Then, press the TRANSFER Soft Key again to connect the caller.
- Unattended (Unannounced) Transfer – While on a call, Press the “Transfer” Soft Key (the call will automatically be placed On Hold), Dial the extension Number (or press a DSS/BLF Button) and Press the “Transfer” Soft Key again to connect the extension with the original caller.
- Voicemail Transfer – While on a call, Press the “Transfer” Soft Key (the call will automatically be placed On Hold), Dial 7 and the extension numberand Press the “Transfer” Soft Key again to connect the call directly to the extension’s voicemail.
Parking a Call
NOTE: Call Park is used to allow a call to be retrieved from any other phone in your domain. There are two methods of parking a call which are described below. Your phone may only be set to use one of these methods.
- Dynamic Call Park – While on a call, Dial *** (or press the button labeled PARK). You will hear “the call is parked at 7xx“. Then, inform the intended recipient (see Paging) that their call is parked Parked at 7xx.
- Call Park Button – While on a call, Press one of the buttons labeled PARK 7xx. Then, inform the intended recipient (see Paging) that their call is Parked at 7xx.
- Press MENU, then select Features, Call Forward and then Always Forward, Busy Forward or No Answer Forward. Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to Set the Outside Telephone or Extension number that calls are to be forwarded to. Once set up, this feature can be Enabled and Disabled as necessary.
- Your phone may have a button that will forward calls to your phone to a predetermined number. Pressing this button will turn on/off the forwarding of your calls.
NOTE: When Call Forward is activated, an icon will appear in the phone screen to indicate that calls to your phone will be forwarded.
- Setting Up Voicemail Options and Greeting(s) – Press the MESSAGE button. When asked, enter the password (4-16 number PIN). Next you will be asked to record your name, change your password (4-16 number PIN) and record your (choose greeting number 1) greeting.
NOTE: Entering a Voicemail PIN other than the one you entered during the Welcome Email Complete Setup process will override the previously set PIN.
- Changing your Voicemail Options and Greeting(s) – Press the MESSAGE button. When asked, enter the password (4-16 number PIN). Next, press 5 to “Set Your Current Options” and follow the prompts to change your password (4-16 number PIN) and record your name. Next Press # to return to the main menu. Then press 6 for “Greetings Menu” and follow the prompts to record, review or select greetings.
NOTE: Greetings are numbered from 1 to 10. We suggest using Greeting 1 as your primary greeting. Follow the voice menu to Option 6. Then use Option 3 to “Select Greeting” and follow the voice menu instructions to record. greetings and set the greeting to be played to callers.
- Listening to your Messages:
- From your Phone – Press the MESSAGE Button. When prompted, enter your password (PIN) and then follow the voice menu instuictions.
- From your Email – If set up, you will receive an email notification for each new voicemail left at your extension. You may click on the attached file icon to play the message using the media player of your computer or smartphone. NOTE: The message will still be on your phone as a new message.
- From another phone in your office – Dial 5000. When prompted to enter your “account number” (your extension or voicemail number) and the password (followed by the pound [#] key).
- From Outside the Office – Call your office and ask to be transferred to 5000. OR there may an option in your company’s Auto Attendant or a public telephone number that will connect you directly to your company’s voicemail service. Ask your Office Communications Administrator or IT Manager for help.
- Sending a Voicemail to another Voicemail User – DIAL 7 and the extension number you want to leave a message for. Follow the voice menu instructions.
- Forwarding a Voicemail Message to another Voicemail User – After listening to a voicemail message, Press 3 and follow the voice menu instructions to send the message to another individual or voicemail group. During this process, you may follow the voice menu instructions to add a comment to the message.
NOTE: IF YOUR VOICEMAIL IS SET UP TO NOTIFY YOU BY EMAIL WHEN YOU RECEIVE A NEW VOICEMAIL MESSAGE AND YOU DO NOT SEE THE NOTIFICATION EMAILS IN YOUR “INBOX”, PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK OR SPAM FOLDER. IF YOU FIND ONE OR MORE NOTIFICATION EMAILS IN YOUR JUNK OR SPAM FOLDER, PLEASE CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT SETTINGS TO ALLOW FUTURE EMAIL FROM “firstname.lastname@example.org” TO GO TO FLOW TO YOUR INBOX. YOU MAY NEED TO ASK FOR HELP FROM YOUR EMAIL PROVIDER OR CORPORATE EMAIL SERVER ADMINISTRATOR.
NOTE: If your phone loses power or reboots volume levels may return to their default settings.
- Use the Volume adjustment bar to adjust the Ringer, Handset, Speakerphone or Headset volume.
- Once adjusted, each respective volume setting will stay at the last level set.
Paging Phones, Page Overhead and Page All
NOTE: Some or all paging options may not be enabled for your office. Please check with your Office or IT Manager for more information. If your phone does not have a PAGE button, the “down arrow” may be enabled as a Paging Phones button.
- Paging Phones – Press the PAGE button, pause for the tone, then speak.
- Paging Overhead – If your phone has a PAGE OH button, it functions as above, except that pages are heard through your Over Head Paging system.
- Page All – If your phone has a PAGE ALL button, it functions the same as above and pages are heard through All Phones as well as your Over Head Paging system.
Picking Up a Call
NOTE: All Call Pick Up options may not be enabled for your office.
- Direct Extension Pickup – Dial *35# and the Extension Number.
- Any Call Pickup – Dial *36#. (draws a call ringing at any phone to your phone)
- Department/Area Pickup – Dial *37#. (draws a call ringing in your department or area to your phone)
- Self Pickup – Dial *38#. (draws the call from your other device to the device you want to use now)
NOTE: Applies only to phones which have Extension Sharing enabled.
To Enable or Disable Extension(s) – Press the CHANGE button. Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the extension that you wish to enable or disable. Press the Switch button to change the status of the extension (enable or disable). Press the Save button. Repeat this process for each extension you wish to change the status of. Lift and replace the handset to quickly return to the idle phone screen.
NOTE: Using this feature causes the phone you are calling to Auto-Answer in full speaker/microphone mode. The called phone receives a brief tone before the Intercom call is connected. This means that the caller can hear sounds and voice from the area where the called phone is located. PLEASE USE THIS FEATURE WITH CAUTION.
To Intercom Call an Extension – Dial *50 plus the extension number. Wait briefly for the tone and then speak. The called party (phone) can speak back to you hands-free using the speakerphone and microphone of their phone. The called party may also choose to pick up their phone’s handset to speak and hear through their phone’s handset.
Transferring or Picking up a Call from another Phone on your Extension
NOTE: Applies only to Extensions with more than one (1) phone connected to the User Account. For example another “hard phone” or a ReachUC Application.
Transferring from the phone where the call is now – Press TRANSFER, Dial your own extension number and then Press TRANSFER again. The other phone will ring.
Picking Up a call from another of your of your “hard phone(s)” – From the other phone, Dial *38#. The call will be moved to that phone.
Picking Up from your ReachUC Mobile or Desktop Application – Dial *38 and then press the Call button on the ReachUC application. The call will be moved to that ReachUC app.
Printing the Using your Ingenious Phone pages is discouraged, as they are updated routinely
We invite you to visit the Ingenious User Portal help pages often to access new content